Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Passion Pit


This band should have been from Australia but somehow they didn't get the memo and decided to originate from Cambridge, Mass. I haven't really heard too much hype about these guys but that certainly doesn't stop me from predicting they will soon be famous and ruined via too much MTV exposure a la Vampire Weekend. Their song, "Sleepy Head" is an intense, textured, layered, adjective-necessitating jam. As a child, I believe I either owned or frequently borrowed a Chipmunks music album and enjoyed it thoroughly, and this song takes a page from Alvin's playbook. Check out their "Chunk of Change" EP and look for their debut in early 2009, as well as an appearance at the Pitchfork Music Festival (which I'll be attending this weekend, hellz yah!), in July of next year.
Passion Pit "Sleepy Head"

No comments: