Friday, February 20, 2009

Bag Raiding


I finally got to see Rainbo Video play last night. It was the revolution. What a manic performance and just so much fun! It was presented at gabba speed with a bmore beat, and it made my head spin and I couldn't stop smiling for an hour after I got home. The video projections were outstanding and sometimes hilarious. The mixing was some of the finest I ever heard - loops seamlessly woven together, all of a sudden, Seal's voice gets chopped up and looped over a beat, just crazy stuff like that. It pretty much confirmed what I already knew...Rainbo Video is going to be a force in the Chicago music scene and he's one of the most talented new producers out there. My highest accolades.
.
.
So this song here is called Smoking, it's by Bag Raiders, and it's the best Bag Raiders song in existence. I heard everybody gettin' all hot and bothered by Shooting Stars but the Cheech sample kills it and I could listen to this chipper beat all day long! You know, that stuff that's tied to a stick!
.
Bag Raiders "Smoking"
.
.

1 comment: