- Lindsaylovesme: What is it about house music that makes it, in my opinion at least, special and different from other styles of music? When did you start listening to it? Are you a student or all grown up?
- Belgian Beer: I'm a student and I'm only 16 years old. I started listening to house music when I was about 7 years old. With Daft Punk and other house producers finding success on the radio and on TV, and tracks like The Bucketheads "The Bomb"becoming hits, I was already becoming interested in house music. It is absolutely my favorite style, it's fresh, it's chic and I love the groove of drumboxes. House music is essential to be in style!
- Lindsaylovesme: Word. Is the name Belgian Beer a tribute to your favorite beverage or is it about something different? What are some brands of Belgian beer we should look out for at the liquor store?
- Belgian Beer: I was born in Belgium, now I live in the south of France and the name is just a tribute to my homeland. It's the atmosphere that I love from there, I love Belgium. Try Leffe or Kriek, which is a classic Belgian beer, and also try Chimay.
- Lindsaylovesme: I will do just that! What are your favorite Chicago house tracks from the 90s?
- Belgian Beer: I love tracks by Paul Johnson and DJ Sneak, and lots of other classics. It's an influence for me. The city of my dreams!
- Lindsaylovesme: What kinds of instruments or software do you use to make your tracks?
- Belgian Beer: I only use Reason and some other software at the moment. In the future, I would like to buy old machines, like the Roland series.
- Lindsaylovesme: Aside from music and beer, what is another fun way you spend your time?
- Belgian Beer: Well, studying, community and social networking websites, friends, video games...but I really spend a lot of time listening to music, what would the world would be like without music?
I don't even want to know! Thanks so much to Belgian Beer, who already has more skills than half the Daft Crew at the ripe age of 16. Belgian Beer, you are an amazing talent and I expect big things! All the best.
Here are two original songs by the teenage resident of Avignon, France. They will only be available for 30 days so please download them right away! Thanks again to Belgian Beer.
Belgian Beer "Gueule De Bois" (Demo Version)
Belgian Beer "Keep on Singing"