Friday, December 26, 2008

Calvin Harris


Frequent fibber Calvin Harris did not, as Shania would say, impress me much with his facetious and unnecessary debut album, I Created Disco. I found it self-indulgent, lacking of innovation, and basically a novelty record for British people. I had completely dismissed him as a poor man's Jamie Liddell until I heard this remix he did of The Hours "See The Light". To be completely honest I thought somebody had remixed Coldplay and I felt a little weird about liking it, but then I checked and it wasn't Gwyneth's squeeze after all. Calvin's treatment of the vocal, especially the chorus, is really shiny and wonderful. I wish you well Calvin, and I hope I learned my lesson about snap judgements because there could be more to come from one of the more interesting Scottish producers since Mylo, Calvin Harris.
.
The Hours "See The Light" (Calvin Harris Remix)
.
.

No comments: