Monday, June 9, 2008

Mr Suitcase



Thanks a lot for ruining my musical palate, Mr Suitcase. I was gonna jam to a few Lifelike remixes, that new track by Jupiter, "Starlight" but after listening to 'Frauds' all that stuff sounds like doggy doo. All I wanna hear is mo' Suitcase.

I don't know how to describe it besides that it's about the prettiest, warmest sound I have ever heard. It reminds me a little of Ben Watt's Buzzin' Fly series and of the Avalanches, but much less rigid than Buzzin' Fly and a much tighter, warmer sound than the Avalanches. In an effortless mastery of form, design, and warm synthetic sounds, Mr Suitcase weaves together a sensual tale of house love. As Mr Suitcase says, "It's totally unhip", and I happily concur - as Lovage title goes, it's music to make love to your old lady by ; c )

Bravo, bravo, bravo.





No comments: